Growing up, we were always told contradictory ideas:
1. All knowledge is good and of god vs. fear the internet because some knowledge will lead you away from the church.
2. Teach them correct principles and let them choose for themselves vs. never question church leaders/blindly follow them
3. Men do not carry the stain of Adam eating the apple vs. Eve is to submit to Adam for eating the apple 4. Women are to be equal to men vs. women are to submit to men
5. Man is not punished for Adam's sin vs. all of Cain's descendants and all of Laman and Lemual's descendants were punished for their sins
6. Individual members can seek inspiration from god vs. if church leaders receive inspiration that is contradictory inspiration it trumps whatever the the individual was told by god
7. The church is all about family vs. once you don't believe like us, we will shun you