Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Respect vs Love

In a relationship, is it more important to have respect or love?

Respect: esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability.

Love:a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.  sexual passion or desire.

Do men seek out respect over love in a relationship? Do women seek out love over respect in a relationship?


2 comments:

Mr. Marshie said...

For me, love is an end result. Respect is an ingredient.

Alecia Harris said...

I was having a conversation with a minister and he is the one who suggested this to me. He said that men seek respect in a marriage, and women seek love.

I had not heard this, and I fundamentally disagree with him. Thanks for responding, as I feel that both men and women want both.

I find you comment fascinating and am thinking about it.