Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thinking

I was just thinking about the mormon scriptures in the end of the book, there is a promise in Moroni 10:3-4 it reads:

 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how amerciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and bponder it in your chearts.
 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would aask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not btrue; and if ye shall ask with a csincere heart, with dreal intent, having efaith in Christ, he will fmanifest the gtruthof it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

What I was taught my entire life is to ask if those things in the BofM and the church are true and of god; however, a close reading of verse 4 does NOT say that....read it again; read it carefully. It says, "ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are NOT  true;"


I was not taught to ask if they were NOT true, but the opposite, if there WERE true.
Damn~ now I have to go back and re-ask if they are NOT true ::sarcasm::

Just a thought, be sure you know what you are to pray for....





No comments: