Monday, July 25, 2011

Spiritual Experiences Explained

When I was in my late teens, I had a few experiences where I saw and felt a presence that was ghost-like. I am not going to go into details. They happened in the same location.  They were frightening. I had a terrible feeling associated with this experience.

Many years later, my children and I also had similar experiences, but always in the same environment.  Once we moved, these experiences went away.

I placed these experiences in the realm of being spiritual in nature, as this was my background. I was told that I was being visited by evil spirits because I needed to repent.  I didn't necessarily believe this explanation because I couldn't think of a sin large enough to associate with this experience.  I was also told that satan wanted to have my soul and was trying to gain access to me.  This was a horrifying explanation to me.

As I left a dogmatic/black and white religion behind, this was the last vestige of the religion I could not put behind me, as I did not have a logical, reasonable explanation for.  I searched for one, but could not find one.  I finally put my mind at ease with the thought that someday science would find an explanation but had not as of yet.

I believe science has found that explantion: The link I had is unavailable.  This link is just as good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eid6fiAj8WY

No comments: