Monday, July 15, 2013

Sorry

“Sometimes we can take offense so easily. On other occasions we are too stubborn to accept a sincere apology. Who will subordinate ego, pride, and hurt—then step forward with ‘I am truly sorry! Let’s be as we once were: friends. Let’s not pass to future generations the grievances, the anger of our time’? Let’s remove any hidden wedges that can do nothing but destroy.” 
( “The Peril of Hidden Wedges,” Ensign, July 2007, 8.

I have a right to my own opinions. I have a right to express them on this blog. If someone doesn't like them, don't read them. I will not be silenced because some people do not like what I have to say.

I would like to make a public apology to my family who believes anything I say about the Mormon church is an attack on them personally. It is not intended that way in any way, shape or form.

I am an advocate for transparency and equality. I will continue to be.

Again. I am sorry if my writings
appear as a personal attack on family who are Mormon. They are not intended to be that way. They are a plea for openness and change within an organization that I do not agree with, not an attack on the people themselves.


No comments: